7 January 2010

Is it worth the effort?


View from the sleeper train on the Trans Siberian railway. I'm not sure how long I have been in Russia but it as been a maelstrom of travel.


The hotel in Kirov complete with Christmas lights, note Malcolm Kent and Dennis Van Hoek taking the air on the veranda (or maybe their hands have frozen to the railing).

It's great what you find out while travelling: Christmas is celebrated on the 5th (6th?) in Russia!! Knip is cut in Dutch! and written Japanese is minbendingly complicated.


-25C

I thought I had a chance of finishing the competition in the top 8, actually came 24th today (didn't qualify) wtf! Don't really know how I did so badly, the route was technical but i was positive, climbed steadily and had loads left in my arms when I timed out??? I was hoping to put on a good show for all of my friends at the comp and prove that we can climb ok in the UK. Try again in Saas Fee?

And it is totally worth the effort going to the comps.

No comments:

Post a Comment